Continuing Competence Test Centres Open from today – 1st June 2020
Some Pearson VUE-owned and operated test centres are available for testing in the UK.
- England: capacity showing at all active test sites in England during June 2020, however, not all centres are currently open. Candidates are advised to check availability and to book their exams at the earliest opportunity.
- Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland: availability is limited where restrictions/lockdown rules are still in place or extended. Refer to previous specific guidance for Wales here.
Please note: availability is limited at this time because social distancing guidelines are being followed. You are advised to log in to your online candidate profile to search for a variety of dates and locations to schedule your exam.
All candidates whose Continuing Competence expired after 16 March 2020 and the implementation of lockdown resulting in the closure of the Pearson VUE test centres must schedule their test as soon as possible. The Environment Agency has given a deadline of Tuesday 30 June 2020, by which date they expect all candidates in England to have passed the Continuing Competence test.
Key points to remember:
- You will be asked to acknowledge that you meet health requirements specified on the Pearson VUE website and that you will follow health and safety guidelines at the test centre.
- You must bring and wear your own face mask whilst you are at the test centre and throughout your exam. Any surgical or cloth face mask, including a homemade face mask, is acceptable as long as your nose and mouth are fully covered.
- Candidates without a face mask will be denied testing services. Face masks will not be provided to candidates at the test centre.
- Stay at least 2 metres away from other people in the waiting area and during the admissions process.
- Candidates are permitted to wear disposable gloves during testing; these will be inspected by the test administrators before and after the exam. Gloves will be disposed of in front of the proctor upon completion of the test.
- Some regional test centres may require candidates to provide a temperature check upon arrival.
- It is your responsibility to ensure there are no travel restrictions in place for the location where you want to take your test. If you travel to test in another country with travel restrictions in place, you may be turned away.
- Please note if you exhibit symptoms upon arrival at the test centre, you may be asked to reschedule your exam for another time when in full health.
Pearson VUE test centres have put the following health and safety measures in place:
- Hand sanitiser available in the waiting area and prior to entering the testing room
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting regimes in between all testing appointments
- Tissues available to candidates upon arrival at the test centre
- Permit candidates to wear disposable gloves if they choose
- Reminders to candidates to wash their hands or utilise hand sanitiser upon arrival at the test centre
- Enforcement of social distancing recommendations