Non Levy Paying Employers to gain access to Apprenticeship funding
Since the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy in 2017, apprenticeships haven’t been widely available to non- levy paying employers.
The Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) has now released new funding rules for non- levy paying employers.
From January 2020 it is now possible for employers to reserve their funding for up to 3 apprentices at a time using the digital apprenticeship service.
This funding will only be available for Apprenticeship Standards (not Frameworks, which are due to be closed to new registrations from August 2020).
This is a positive step for smaller employers wishing to employ an Apprentice, or to up-skill existing members of staff.
Standards which are available to our sector include:
- Waste Resource Operative – Level 2
- Metal Recycling General Operative – Level 2
- Safety Health and Environment Technician – Level 3
- Facilities Services Operative – Level 2
- Facilities Management Supervisor – Level 3
Standards that are nearing approval are:
Proposed Apprenticeship development for 2020 :
- Waste Management Technical Manager – Level 4
WAMITAB are an ESFA approved End-Point Assessment Organisation; visit our website to see what Standards we are approved to assess. We will be expanding the list to include more Standards during 2020.
For more information on the ESFA funding reservations for non-levy paying employers see here.
If you have any questions about how Apprenticeships can work for your business, then please contact:
- Karen Slade, Training and Assessment Manager, Email: email@example.com