SPECIALIST CALL – Waste Sector and Learning Development Specialists Wanted for Technical Advisory Group
WAMITAB is seeking to convene a group of volunteers to explore the barriers to vocational learning in the sector, and opportunities for digital advancement of the core skills, knowledge and competencies needed in the sector. The group will embody a culture of innovation, nurturing of ideas and open-minded thinking.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a high-impact project at the forefront of waste and resource management skills development!
The EnviroHub project seeks to answer these key questions:
- What are the characteristics and motivations of the sector and its employees?
- What are the barriers to vocational learning in the sector, and specifically for operatives?
- What technologies may overcome barriers and access to vocational learning?
- What are the core skills, knowledge, competencies and behaviours needed to both maintain and transform the sector?
- How can we utilise technology to identify organisational skills gaps and meet them at minimal time and cost?
Volunteers must be able to demonstrate that they have current skills and expertise in the waste and resource management sector, and will need to be available to participate in the following meetings:
- Initial Webinar: 10am, Thursday 18th July 2019
- Meeting: 10am – 2pm, Tuesday 13th August 2019 (WAMITAB Office)
- Findings Webinar: 10am – 12noon, Thursday 29th August 2019
Employers involved in the project will be recognised in various WAMITAB marketing and promotional materials, so applicants are advised to seek the support of their employer in advance.
Attendance will be on a voluntary basis, but all travel and subsistence will be paid for by WAMITAB.
Click on the following link below to see the Terms of Reference for the Group WAMITAB EnviroHub TAG Terms of Reference
To apply to join this forward-facing focus group, click on the link below and then complete the form and submit along with a current CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WAMITAB EnviroHub Form June 2019
Closing date for receipt of completed forms is 12 noon on Monday 8th July 2019.